For cases that have been referred to the National Company Law Tribunal (herein after referred to as NCLT) a new paragraph has been added in Foreign Trade Policy 2015-20 wherein the firm/ company shall inform the concerned Regional Authority (hereinafter referred to as RA) and the NCLT of any outstanding Export Obligations/ liabilities under any schemes of FTP.1
In reference to the above, under the NCLT proceedings the firm/company shall make the following statutory filings to concerned RA and NCLT2:
- Statement of outstanding export obligations/liabilities under the FTP schemes, indicating duty saved amounts and applicable interest till the date of start of proceedings before the NCLT.
- Penalty imposed under FTD&R Act
- Any other dues such as fees etc.
- Statement of consumption of inputs/procurement of capital goods, attested by chartered engineer/chartered accountant, shall also be submitted along with other documentary details of any partial fulfillment of Export Obligation claimed towards offsetting the duty saved amount.
Propoer Recognition of HSN Codes:
Due diligence is required for mentioning of proper HSN code in the Bill of Entry and Shipping Bill. If specific HSN code exists for a product the same should be mentioned instead of mentioning the other category which is not a specific entry and is a residuary entry. On willful mis-declaration of HSN code the same will be dealt as per the Foreign Trade (Development & Regulation) Act, 1992.3
- Notification No. 25/2015-20 dated 18.10.2019
- Public Notice No. 39/2015-20 dated 18.10.2019
- Trade Notice No. 37/2019-20 dated 22.10.2019
BT Associates is a premier indirect tax consultant in kolkata, delivering high quality services to client in the area of indirect taxation.GST idea is a unit of BT Associates formed to share knowledge on stakeholders. We cover entire gamut from technical papers to recent development including IT under GST
Chief Executive officer
BT Associates, India
Twenty years of experience in tax practice. Specialist in structuring & planning and tax optimization under indirect tax. Lead eastern India indirect tax practice of Ernst & Young in past.